SHIPPING TO A PICK UP TERMINAL CLOSE TO YOU included in price,
CHOSE PICK UP LOCATION DURING CHECK OUT.
IN STOCK NOW
Optional hammer sets for 48"- $280 / 56" - $308 / 64" - $336 / 78" - $448
- Standard 3 point Category 1 & 2 hitch mount.
- 48" Designed for 16-30 PTO HP tractors
- 56" Designed for 18-35 PTO HP tractors
- 64" Designed for 25-45 PTO HP tractors
- 78" Designed for 30-65 PTO HP tractors
- These flail mowers are designed for cutting grass & cover crops, with optional Hammer Blades they are great for mulching tree prunings and roadside applications
- Reversible Grass Y blades with Precise blade overlap
- optional Hammer Mulching Blades to Pulverize up to 3" Material.
- Adjustable finished cutting height (rear full width Roller & side skid shoes)
- Full width front chain guards
- 4.5" Balanced Rotor and Shaft, driven by 3 v-belts, 14" blade swing
- Comes with Standard 6 Spline 32” 540rpm PTO Shaft.
- Overrunning clutch built in to gear box.
- Reinforced 8 (0.1644") gauge housing, 1/4" thick side plates
- 48"weighs 485 lbs / 56" weighs 699 lbs / 64" weighs 765 lbs / 78" weighs 826 lbs
- 48" has 40 Y blades or 20 optional hammers
- 56" has 48 Y blades or 24 optional hammers
- 64" has 52 Y blades or 26 optional hammers
- 78" has 64 Y blades or 32 optional hammers
- 1 year warranty
Installation of hammers plus $200
30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE* see terms section of website for full details.
The flail mower gets its name from the use of "flails" attached to its rotating horizontal shaft, As the shaft rotates, centrifugal force pushes the flails outward. The mower is easy to attach to the back of a tractor using the three-point hitch and is driven by the PTO. The "Y" shaped standard flails are intended to cut and mulch grass and weeds, you can upgrade to "hammers" for heavier duty operations such as mulching brush and roadside applications. Flail mowers are able to cut tall grass and are good at mulching and evenly distributing the clippings over the width of the mower, they are able to withstand impact with debris as the blades are able to tuck back. They are also unlikely to pick up and throw debris.